Friday, October 26, 2007

We are hanging in there

I received news that Mark had a restful night and opened his eyes for his parents this morning. They are in the process of performing the tracheotomy now. His parents are in the waiting room.

I am home with Clayson. We had a great reunion last night and he wrapped his self around me this morning and said no TV, no toys, no school, his stomach hurts and he wants to watch the "Momma show". Mark's nurse, his parents and Darrin Johnson assured me they will not try to wake him until Saturday morning so I should spend a little time at home verses the waiting room.

Everyone has been so great at taking care of our every need. We had a kitchen full of food here when we arrived, Stephanie and Sarah brought me clean clothes, Rich and Kathy Pelczynski brought Clayson a gift bag full of fun things last night, David Glaus took care of our cell phone bill, the Engram's (our neighbors) have offered assistance, etc....the blessings are flowing.

P.S. Clayson is aware his Dad is in the hospital, has several broken ribs and is not feeling well. I still feel it is in his best interest to shelter him from the details of this tragedy.

I will do my best to stay in touch throughout the day.

Love, Stephanie

No comments: