Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 16, 2007 10:56pm

This message is from Stephanie:

All,Bishop Smith arrived late this evening to give Mark a blessing to ensure a restful night sleep. at this time there are no major changes in Marks condition. The vascular surgeon, Dr. McCarvel stopped in to check the progress of the aoric endograft (T.E.V.A.R); reported no complications! Mark's kidneys are fully functioning. 2 liters of fluid were drained from the pick lines in his lungs. This decreases the oxygen levels which is good because it will allow him to breath on his own. The lab tests for pnemonia are not back as of today but they are aggressively treating the infection with a cocktail of antibiotics. Thats about all for now but will continue to provide daily updates.Christina, Justin & Steven,Clayson will be thrilled to see you all this weekend! I tell your dad daily how much you both love and miss him. I am so blessed to have such good friends and family and I want you all to know I have been at peace knowing Clayson is in such good hands. Although my heart is heavy that Nickie will soon be heading back to Alaska, she will never really know how much she has helped me through one of the most difficult trials I have ever had to endure. She has held me, cried with me, sympathized with me, rationalized with me, laughed with me. She has shown a true and never ceasing love to Me and Mark. I am looking forward to having Karen and Mark's parents here to provide comfort for me and Mark.

I love you all,

Stephanie

1 comment:

Salwa said...

We are all greatful for you Nikki! Thank you for doing what we all want to do. We feel so much better knowing she has had you there!