Monday, October 15, 2007

Stephanie received this thoughtful message and wanted it to be posted.

Dear Stephanie,I feel compelled to write to you. I pray my words are of comfortto you.My thoughts Keep turning to you throughout the day. I Knowwhen crisishits a family, the Comforter carries you through each moment onthe wings of God 's eternal love. I miss those special moments aftercrisispasses and the days become "bacK to business." During crisis,you havesearching times and reflection on eternity and what it reallymeans to you. Those times are what shape our character and refine ourlove if weallow God to mold our soft hearts into pure life-giving vessels.Today we watched a small segment on Paul the apostle in SundaySchool. (We all longed for you and your husband to be there.) At theend of histestimony to King Agrippa (when he almost convinces him to be aChristian) they take Paul away and then they repeat his words:(2Corinth 11) 25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice Isufferedshipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;26 [In] journeyings often, [in] perils of waters, [in] perils ofrobbers, [in] perils by [mine own] countrymen, [in] perils bythe heathen, [in] perils in the city, [in] perils in the wilderness,[in]perils in the sea, [in] perils among false brethren;27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hungerandthirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. But Paul says to King Agrippa, "I would to God, that not onlythou,but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, andaltogethersuch as I am, except these bonds."Because Paul Knew adversity can bring a certain refining thatbrings us closer to the Savior, he hoped all could learn that when weenter intothe "fellowship of His suffering," we begin to understand morefully theatonement of Christ.I Know what it is like to sit at your husband's side and fearfor his life and health. I pray for You! How I pray and fast for you. "And weknow that all things work together for good to them that loveGod, tothem who are the called according to [his] purpose." Romans 8:28 All these things will work together for much Good because I Knowhowmuch your family loves God. Watch for the miracles that willtake placeall around you. I am not just talking about the miracle ofhealing. Lives will be changed, hearts that seemed impenitrable will besoftened,the love of God will shine forth, all the hospital staff willsee aspecial light glowing about your union, true friends will bebonded, and Charity will abound.May Christ stay with You. He will be waLking by your side andholdingyou when it seems difficult to bear! It will not be long untilthisadversity passes and the dawn of a new morning will come. You Know your ward family stands ready to help in any way.Forever your sisterAngie KempeHymn 1651. Abide with me; 'tis eventide.The day is past and gone;The shadows of the evening fall; The night is coming on.Within my heart a welcome guest,Within my home abide.[Chorus]O Savior, stay this night with me;Behold, 'tis eventide.O Savior, stay this night with me;Behold, 'tis eventide. 2. Abide with me; 'tis eventide.Thy walk today with meHas made my heart within me burn,As I communed with thee.Thy earnest words have filled my soulAnd kept me near thy side.[Chorus]O Savior, stay this night with me; Behold, 'tis eventide.O Savior, stay this night with me;Behold, 'tis eventide.3. Abide with me; 'tis eventide,And lone will be the nightIf I cannot commune with theeNor find in thee my light. The darkness of the world, I fear,Would in my home abide.[Chorus]O Savior, stay this night with me;Behold, 'tis eventide.O Savior, stay this night with me;Behold, 'tis eventide.

No comments: