Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Morning

After such a great day I had high hopes for a restful evening, but Mark did not get much rest. They had his oxygen on throughout the night and when I walked in this morning and I could hear him trying to talk. I asked him if he could talk and he said isn't that what I'm suppose to be doing? When the respiratory therapist came in he said Mark could not talk with out support yet. He isn't strong enough to move enough air to produce sound on his own.

He will have several more days in ICU. I have been pressing the doctors to be as aggressive as possible. I would consider moving him to Cape when they release him from ICU, but I am unsure of the level of care we are receiving here verses Southeast in Cape. They are not very aggressive with physical therapy compared to what they were doing in Canada.

I am planning to go home this afternoon and spend the evening at home with Clayson. Mark's parents have agreed to continue to stay with Mark. Larry Eby and Darrin Johnson may be visiting late this afternoon.

Slowly but surely the real Mark Anerson is coming back. We are having in there.

Love,
Stephanie

1 comment:

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

What relief we have that Mark is recovering well!! What a blessing, I am sure, it has been for him to have you there by his side and hearing your sweet voice. Even when you didn't know if he could hear you.
I am convinced that it is through the faith and prayers of many that Mark has come as far as he has as quickly has he has.
My heart has been very heavy for you and your family. My thoughts often wonder to you and Mark.
Thanks for keeping us updated on his condition. We are checking often and are cheering him on!! You are constantly in our prayers!!
Love-
Cary & Katrina Sanders