Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday a.m.

Good morning!!
Happy to report that it was another uneventful night for Mark and another good 7 hours of sleep for Stephanie!
There really hasn't been any change in Mark's condition since yesturday afternoon. He continues to do really well with his breathing which is wonderful. For the night they did put his oxygen to 30% which meant that Mark inniated his breathing and the ventilator would just give him a little extra kick!
Mark does have a big morning lined up. They are going to do a MRI of brain, chest and stomach so he will be out of the room for a while. We don't think that we will see the doctor until he gets the results back so I really don't think they will make the decision about taking him off the ventilater until all his results are back.
Stephanie did get some wonderful visitors last night. We forgot the computer back at the apartment so i have hunted down internet access in the medical building so Stephanie is not with me right now so I apologize that I can't do a bettter job with everyones names!! Salma from the church came up and that meant so much to Stephanie and I know Mark as well. Her prayers and incredible wisdom continue to lift Stephanie up. She brought all the cards and pictures that had come from the church and Stephanie and I really enjoyed going through and reading all the wonderful things that everyone had to say about Mark and Stephanie as well. Salma and Stephanie and Mark spent quality time in prayer and reading and talking with her later I could see how much that helped her. We also REALLY appreciated the fact that she sent up a home cooked meal!!! Though i have to say that we are not complaining at all about the food in the cafeteria, they have Krispy Kremes, which for two Sikeston girls is very exciting!!
Later in the evening there were two missionaries, Elder McGaughlan and his companion came to pray with Mark and Stephanie. We both really enjoyed their visit and he did a great job of educating me more on the Morman church.
All the prayers and well wishes are so appreciated by Mark and Stephanie and it has been such a blessing for me to be able to be available to Stephanie during this very difficult time. As i watch them together you can feel the love that they have for each other and i feel so incredibly blessed to be in the presence of such a beautiful love. Duty calls and i will be leaving this a.m. to go back to Sikeston. My sister Stephanie will be taking over for me and i know that she will do a very good job. She is much more efficiant than i am!! I hate the idea of leaving them as I know that Mark is going to be making incredible stides forward over the next few days and would love to be there to see it but I also know that there are so many people standing in line waiting to there for them as well and I apprecaite so much being able to be here for time that i have.
There might not be a posting again until late this afternoon or this evening but don't anyone be concerned, everything is going very well there just might be any news until then.

WOW, GREAT NEWS TO REPORT!!!!! Stephanie just gave me a complete heart attack!! I am somewhere in this huge complex posting this and Stephanie just come running into the room and MARK JUST RESPONDED TO HIS FIRST QUESTION!!! After i realized what was going on i am sure this very serious phyisian next to me is going to be talking all day about the two crazy ladies all but jumping around in circles. Matt Raymond and his wife are up visiting and Matt asked Mark if he had seen his parents and he shuck his head no!!!! We have felt all along that he is there and know what we have been saying and now we have conformation!!!! I have got to run up there and check on him I told Stephanie she had to get back there and again feel so blessed to be here to witness all of God's miracles!!!

God Bless you all,

Sarah Garner

No comments: